Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#551 · (Edited)
Some Beaver Creek Photos

I don't think this was meant to be a shack. It looks to be a jib. The landing was wide and long.

some aspens. The trees were great.

This one looks to of been built from cabin ruins. It was off a very steep double black. That pioneer miner must of been hardcore.

some more trees

Another shack, I love finding them. Not going to say where they were, I was all over Beaver Creek yesterday.

#554 ·
This morning was nice. Went up for a couple hours and got some nice fresh tracks on some soft wet new snow, only 2" but the wet stuff has a nice firm feel to it..... Tomorrow should be great since it's supposed to keep dumping all day.... Gonna make some lunch for me/dinner for my wife and head back out....

#560 ·
Been dumping here too. I'm loving the under reporting of vail this year....

As for racer. Chances are you would not be able to keep up in either speed or stamina. No knocking you but in general people that ride daily usually go at a pretty good pace and don't stop to break.... Especially on a powder day. When it's a shit day I will do 6-7 laps and bail....

#561 ·
No worries.

I am coming out by myself and plan on hitting it hard. The last few times I have been out, the group I was with didnt want to leave Keystone. I have an epic pass and plan to hit other spots.

If it is a shit day, I can hit it hard all day. If it is powder, I will have to learn how to ride all over again as I havent seen powder for YEARS.

#562 ·

Here is what the morning looked like so far. 2 hours and I'm headed out.... My buddy does the morning report for vail daily. Nice morning for sure. Too bad I gotta work. Calf to knee deep on most groomers. Knee+ without hitting any hard snow under it when in trees or off groomed areas....

#563 ·
Looks great. Wish I wasnt 1100 miles away. It helps that it is snowing BIG fulffy flakes in Indiana right now though.

I am going to take my 4 y.o. Daughter to the local slopes tomorrow and see if she can pick up our addiction.

I bought her a 90 cm Burton chopper with flows to figure it out.

If she likes it I see a better board for her in next years list of gear to buy.

Shes got a little bro that will inherit this one.

#566 ·
I should of went to Breck for that 10. I also have to do some stuff over there like pay my truck's tag fees. Keystone was not bad today in some spots. I have me some trees that are good right now at Keystone.

I found a shack yesterday at Keystone. I did not see it today, but I will find it again. Keystone shacks are elusive.

I don't have a day off for a while. Next day off, Beaver Creek.

I am not going to ride for this weekend. I hate everyone and can't deal with those crowds.

#575 ·
Today was a shit show. Tomorrow and Monday morning will be too. Tuesday and Wednesday should be good. Thursday should be alright. Then Friday-Sunday we are in Taos for a national big mtn free ride comp... Those days should be great on the 70 corridor according to predictions.

#579 ·
Berthoud Pass was firing yesterday. Went up late. Left my house after 9am. Missed all but a couple of miles of the back up. Stayed out riding the pass until after 5pm. Tons of pow and sunshine. Floral Park was in which for this season is good news. Glorious day. Drive home was a snap too. Today I am guessing the east bound traffic in the afternoon is going to suck ass. Monday will be a full on junk show. I might try for an early start/exit.

Glad to hear the snow is supposed to kick in for about a week. I'm sure Zag will be happy to hear that too.

#580 ·
Couple of friends that I work with went and did east vail on Thursday, before the new snow, and were very lucky. The chute they decided to pass up for the next chute slid from top to bottom. They are both confident they would have died and were glad they made the right choice based on their observations.

#583 · (Edited)
Went to Breck on friday. Snow was awesome. Lift lines were worse than expected, traffic was worse than expected. I said screw it for going on Saturday and Sunday. Cams at Breck looked absolutely awful, way more crowded than on Friday. I-70 traffic, however didn't seem that bad today when I was periodically checking it, no worse, or even better than on Friday... Very weird.

Friday was probably my second best day all season, and by far the best day at Breck. it was pretty cold and windy near the top of the treeline, but there was plenty of soft stuff to be found all day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.