Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - WTB: Burton Custom Camber or Custom X - Alberta
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
Dude bite the bullet & buy the Restricted Custom Snowboard.
Fuck I know! You're killing me! I just don't want any of that fancy pants hybrid camber stuff... Maybe I can buy a Restricted custom and heat the thing up, put it in a press and make it cambered!

I probably shouldn't have pissed of this guy. $250 is pretty good for a nearly new Custom and bindings... Loads of brand new winter Mens snowboard gear FOR SALE ASAP - Calgary Sports Goods For Sale - Kijiji Calgary Canada.

Feel like e-mailing him and telling him he should sell it to me for the $150 I offered him?!? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsarosi View Post
Just an FYI, but i'm not sure a Custom X is what you want for park/play...that's more of an all-mtn board designed to bomb away on steeps and really carve - it's pretty stiff. The Custom could certainly do what you're looking for but I wouldn't recommend the Custom X.
Even the Custom X is going to feel like a wet noodle for me! I'm the guy around here that likes snowboards to be long, stiff, and cambered. That includes in the park! Custom X has a longer sidecut radius for the same length boards vs other burtons, and being stiffer it wouldn't feel like a wet noodle to me if I bought a shorter board than normal. Custom X 152 or 156 would be fun!

Last edited by poutanen; 02-15-2013 at 05:42 PM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote