Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Rocker, Camber, and everything in between
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #119 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by caunyd View Post
Poutanen, which board do you have?

I don't have a specific brand in mind. I just want a board that's a good value; good quality at a cheap price, hopefully.
Wiredsport's going to be far better than me at suggesting boards here. I've got a very specific freeride only board that wasn't cheap at all. However I think the lifted nose (or very mild RCR) profile is really nice to ride.

Most (all?) of the Jones boards have some version of RCR. The mountain twin is camber underfoot, with rocker starting right at the binding inserts. The flagship is more of a traditional camber board with a lifted nose. Prior offers some of the same types, but they're not particularly cheap either.

The other thing to look at are some of the boards wiredsport makes in house. He doesn't mention his boards here because I think he doesn't want to come across as spamming the forum, but it looks like the Camp Seven Roots, and the System D.O.A. offer some form of RCR profile. My neighbour got one of the wiredsport boards and it's constructed well and seemed to ride nice for the neighbour (I haven't had a chance to try it myself).
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote