Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on board bag
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cyfer

I'm sorry to say this and as someone who has traveled by airline to multiple different locations around the USA I'm going to say no. A bag that is good for air flight needs to be padded and trust me when I say this. The airline baggage handlers are BRUTAL! They destroy more bags than most ways to travel. If you've ever seen some if my luggage after they finished with it your jaw would drop. To date I've flown, JetBlue, Delta, Continental, American, and US Air. They have combine destroyed a Burton Wheelie Double Deck and a Ride Snowboards Coffin Case. Thankful the padding on the Coffin Case and the Burton Double Deck have saved my gear, but at the expense of the bags I used. I've never lost a piece of equipment yet thankfully.

For a single board look for the Burton Gig Bag (about 95 bucks US), to save money and weight don't get the one with the wheels. I've been using one for years when doing a short weekend hops or such and it's the only board bag (knock on wood) that the baggage handlers have yet to destroy. For multiple boards you need a bigger bag with wheels like, the Burton Wheelie Locker (my bag for long trips like seven to ten days) or the Burton Wheelie Board Case. Travel of any type demolishes bags just the way it is.

Good luck that board bag would be good for car or bus trips and general protection, not to be tossed recklessly or have stuff piled on it or have the baggage carousels beat on it. That's my opinion from what my thrashed bags have looked like over the years. You spent the money on your deck, spare some coin to protect it against baggage brutes.
Cyfer is offline   Reply With Quote