Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cross-Country Drive
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
mrmidWest

Thanks for the responses. My plan is to take I70 pretty much straight across, though I wouldn't mind an hour or 2 here or there as there is no rush. I have decided to do multiple days in COand skip utah, as I have been to Utah a few times. I love Utah, but I've never been to CO to ride and it's more direct to my path.

How far out of the way would Silverton/Wolf Creek be? If the snow is that much better I would definitely hit those ones, but to be honest, just about anything in CO is gonna be incredible compared to WI (as I'm sure bum would agree) and so cal (not mammoth)

Also, what type of difference in price as far as lift and lodging compared to the Vail area should I expect? I have a cold weather sleeping bag and can just rough it in my truck but idk if I want to do that haha. Keep in mind I'd looking for a Motel 6, not a resort hotel.

Thanks in advance for the help, I know a lot of this info is online but I feel better about getting first hand info.
mrmidWest is offline   Reply With Quote