Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pain in back of knee..
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
firstx1017

Hey Eastside - I've been dealing with the same thing. I ride regular and for the past 2 years I've had pain behind my right knee. I've tried all kinds of stance and angles. I was sick about 4 weeks ago with Pneumonia and did not go snowboarding for 2 weeks. We usually go every weekend. During that time off my knee, I bought some new K2 Cinch Tryst bindings that have 3 degree canting and harhmellow cushions on them. The first day on the board was GREAT! My stance is 20 1/2 (I'm 5'4"). My angles are 15 for my left foot and 21 for my right - over emphasized duck. I had no pain and not sure if being off my sore knee for 2 weeks and giving it a chance to heal helped, or if it's the bindings or the new angle stance I tried. Anyhow, I've gone three weeks now and no pain - and normally I can only go about 4 hours and have to come back and ice my knee. So, there's my scenario..... then again, I'm more than likely much older that you = young buck!

p.s. I used to wear a brace also - but haven't since I started riding after the Pnuemonia.

Last edited by firstx1017; 02-17-2013 at 11:18 PM.
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote