Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jones Mountain Twin Opinions
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
supercollider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildshoetwt View Post
I'm interested in this as well, mainly how it handles. Is it a more of a park board? Is it more of a a free ride board? Is it directly inbetween and if so what exactly does it sacrifice?
I'd say directly in between.

I bought a 157 this year, and I do not regret it. I've ridden it at Mammoth and The Canyons in hardpack and powder, up to about 2 feet.

Like they say, all mountain freestyle, but works great off piste, in up to about that 2 foot of snow range. Any deeper and I'd definitely reach for my powder board.

I've been riding softer boards lately, but find I can still get this board going really fast because it just straight lines better than my old camber boards, I don't have to worry about hooking an edge and getting bucked, especially when it's choppy.
If you're going to lay it on an edge in the chop, you still can't beat camber, but all around I'd say this is one of if not the most versatile board i've ridden. Snappy on ollies, fun on kickers, doesn't mind if you land backseat a bit, even with the rocker in the tail.

Some boards have that quality where it feels like you can stomp a landing (off piste) and just ride it out, I'd say this is one of those boards.

What else.. oh. base/edges feels solid for nicks and I haven't felt the need to wax it yet. (and I'm picky about that)

Not sure if I'm answering the OPs questions very well, but I thought I'd put my two cents here.. been meaning to throw some love towards a board I'm enjoying the hell out of.
supercollider is offline   Reply With Quote