Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pain in back of knee..
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Weird coincidence.

I've been having the same issue on and off for the past couple of years. Only really shows up boarding, but feels like I've slightly hyper extended my knee. Gets better as the season progresses. Couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why, until this season

I sit watching TV with legs out straight and my heels on the coffee table. I always cross my left leg on top of my right. The weight stretches out my right (rear) knee. Football playoffs require a lot of couch time.

I could have hit the gym, but instead I bought an ottoman...problem solved.
Ironically enough I sit like that ALOT of the time.. In fact I've fallen asleep that way a few times and woken up with a stuff knee or knees.. Never really considered it though !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml22 View Post
Any popping and clicking in your knee? if so where? Does it lock up?
does it give way?
Have you ever fallen over?
Can you feel any firm feeling mass in the area of pain or anywhere on the back of your knee?
Have you twisted and feel something "tweak"?
Has your knee swelled up significantly ever or at all? Have you banged your knee on anything lately?
Have you Hyper extended it?

Answer those please.
It doesn't lock up or give way.
I haven't fallen over.
No firm mass, though there did seen to be some swelling specifically on the outside side of the back of my knee. It has since seemed to go down over the last few days.
I have planted my foot a few times and turned and felt a slight tweak once or twice lately.
Aside from behind the knee, no other swelling. I don't remember having banged it.

I was thinking it may have had to do with the shitty fit I had in my boots and that I was kind of tweaking and torquing on my ankle and knee when I was riding. I bought Rome Libertines that feel AMAZING so I'm hoping they help in the morning.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote