Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Raptor vs. Turbo Dream
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #28 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernersl View Post
Be careful. Around here it would be considered overpriced! $574
Pretty close yeah, I think anything over $600 is unnecessary. One of the old T9 guys said it best, it's easy to design a great board that costs $600, but to build one that rides awesome for under $400, that's fucking hard. And in the last few years I've been haing way more fun on sub $400 decks than higher end ones. This is the first year I've chosen to ride something more expensive, the Rush.

One of the big things about those $50-$30 price differences is you'll typically get way more tech and a lighter board than it's Mervin/NS equivalent. Burton is often the same way, but they do also try to pack in features. With those brands you're buying a product, and then paying a little extra to have their logo/name on that product. It's a smart move by those brands, it creates a sense of elitism that you own/ride brand X and dirves hype and demand. However, that doesnt mean everyone buying them or working there has that attitude. Our Gnu rep is chill as a drunk bear in Nepal for example.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote