Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #592 (permalink)
turbospartan

Hit Vail again on Saturday and it was pretty damn good again. Reported 6" Saturday morning and 5" the day before. Found the same exact fresh lines in China bowl as we found 2 weeks ago. Not quite as deep, but definitely not as heavy.

Continued to find fresh snow all day long starting in Sun up, China 2x, Earl's 3x, Pete's and then back to the front. And that is where it sucked, haha. We took 36 back up and went to the front via Northwoods... holy hell it was like a night and day difference between fresh, soft snow in the back... to hard, icy snow on Northwoods. Did a couple laps off of 4 and then got out of the parking garage by 2pm. Just about zero traffic on the way back to the city on Saturday, which I was glad to see, especially since we didn't leave until almost 4.

STILL trying to figure out the parking situation at Vail. I haven't tried the ticket trick yet, usually because I'm too lazy to walk up to the front and get one. Know of some other spots to park for free, but the ease of parking right in the garage kicks when you get off the exit (versus waiting for a bus, etc.). Damn that $25!
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote