Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some board recommendations
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
eazye303

Default Need some board recommendations

Ok, first the quick and dirty... I'm 5'10", about 155-158 lbs, size 10.5 shoe.
I've been riding for a decade, but grew up in Florida, so only get to go about a week/year. I do most of my boarding with skiiers, and as such need to be able to free-ride down blacks, bowls and glades well. I've been reading about MTX, and that seems pretty awesome, but why don't more boards adopt something like it? What are the downsides?
Recently I haven't done much in parks because I injured myself a few seasons back and am hesitant to push myself too hard right now. I do have aspirations to get back in though, and definitely want a board that can handle jumps and some buttering at least. I don't see myself jibbing anytime soon, so an all out park board is not necessary. I know that this is asking a huge amount from one board, but I dont think I can justify buying 2 boards when I get out so infrequently. I also don't want a board thats gonna delaminate after 1 season, so if you could let me know what the better quality brands are vs. the shitty ones that'd be awesome too.
Doing my research it seems like TRS BTX is the way to go for me, but is there anything more reasonably priced that handles similarly?

Last edited by eazye303; 10-24-2008 at 01:27 AM.