Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear - It's been a while
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
powdaTime

Default New Gear - It's been a while

So I haven't had new gear since high school and all my gear is broken or really old and worn down. Unfortunately, I haven't been following the gear pretty much at all for several years. I don't want to spend a fortune because I really don't go that often anymore but when I do go, I want some decent gear.

Weight: 155lbs
Boot size: 9
Riding style (do you like to charge steeps? Spin 7's/9's, ride groomers?):
Mostly groomers, some powder, off the trail, a little park. I would break it down as the following:
70% groomers
20% off the trail/powder
10% park
Mostly a freerider I think?
Regular stance
150-155 CM range?
Age (are you still growing and puttin on weight?): Nope. Pretty stable. 25 years old. 155 lbs. 5 10"
budget (if you have one): Nothing outrageous but nothing too cheap either
Your location of riding: Utah mountains - mostly Snowbird, Brighton with some Solitude and Park City resorts here and there
Experience: Experienced rider. Definitely not a noob but I certainly don't go as often as I used to. Grew up getting a season pass every year and going 2-3 times a week. I can ride anything pretty well. Now I ride probably 4-5 times a year. Nothing outrageous like before but I like to get up a few times a year.

My question is, I am really out of touch with the gear now. I've read up on the different styles, models, reviews, camber vs rocker, etc, but I can't seem to find many decent reviews for some gear that I would want. The most I can find is like 1 review here and there.

I'm guessing by what I have said above that I need something a little bit stiffer and with camber an all mountain or freeride board.

Looking for a new board, bindings, and boots. Nothing super expensive, but nothing cheap either. I would be okay with something from last season even. My gear right now is completely worn out and and anything new should be an improvement. Anyone have some good suggestions I can look into?

Thanks!
powdaTime is offline   Reply With Quote