Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Gear - It's been a while
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You have to get to a demo day so you can try out all the new hybrid camber profiles and new bindings.

You are asking a very open ended question with hundreds of possible answers. I think it would be better if you got some ideas in your head from a demo day and we could help narrow it down for you.

I can tell you that is seems you would prefer a middle of the road directional-twin board, unless you never ride switch, so in that case a directional board. I know more about Neversummer and Lib Tech so I'll throw out a few from there but there are tons of options and you really need to explore a bit. From NS I would say the SL ( but Cobra if you want a stiffer directional ride that does better in pow) and from Lib I would say Jamie Lynn Phoenix Classic, which has just a tiny bit of rocker inbetween the bindings and will ride more like a camber board... or the regular Jamie Lynn if you want a bit more float, it just has some more rocker than the classic.

Since you are in Utah I really think you should be looking at hybrid shapes if you are looking at a single board for all conditions, since they can still charge but are better in powder than similar shaped camber boards.