Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance & Angles
Thread: Stance & Angles
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
WaxOnWaxOff

Default Stance & Angles

Hello all,

I've not been unable to ride for the past 3 years because of an ankle injury and now I'm back on the slopes and I'm not as comfortable as I used to be.

3 years ago, I was able to carve very well. Now, it's a different matter.

I'm very comfortable making toeside turns but not heelsides. In heelside turns, I feel that my back foot needs to catch up towards the end of the turn like it needs to rotate counterclockwise a little bit more for me to be comfortable maintaining a straight line after the turn which makes me turn more than I want to.

The main differences between my setup 3 years ago and this time around is that I've adjusted two things. My stance offset across the length of the board and the angles that I use.

What I'm sure of is that I've went from a centered stance along the length to a setback position cos I read somewhere that this allows you among other things to be more aggressive in your turns. Also, I think that 3 years ago my angles were +35 +25, now I use to +24 +15.

Height: 187cm (6'2")
Kneecap to foot: 55cm (22")
Shoulder width: 60cm (24")
Snowboard: Burton Custom X Wide 164 '08

Offsets:
Tail to back binding: 50cm (20")
Binding to binding: 60cm (24")
Front binding to nose: 55cm (22")

Any ideas?

Thanks!
WaxOnWaxOff is offline   Reply With Quote