Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - To wear or not to wear a Helm?
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #153 (permalink)
PDubz

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
if the idiocy of this doesn't jump out at you, ill be amazed. when you want to go hit the park (which is inherently more dangerous) youll forego the helmet for what purpose? you cant wear a t shirt with a helmet?
you "rarely hit your head"? all it takes is one time. sarah burke. liam neeson's wife. etc. etc. etc.
yet you admit the times you have hit your head, you were glad you had one on. i hope for your sake you never have to regret NOT wearing one.
I agree it's a stupid statement, but It's what I do. Helmets were not very popular when I started skateboarding and snowboarding, ...I lived. I can get killed driving to the resort as well, but I still take the risk of driving on ice. I'd rather get killed riding than killed at work, My job is just as or more dangerous even with the safety precautions.

Even when I hit the park without the Helmet, I hit features I'm confident on and don't use that time to progress. I'm not saying I ride reckless with a helmet, but I push my limits more. (Helmets are f**king hot when it's 50 degrees, and I don't like looking like a bobble-head)

Please feel free to set up a tent by the chairlift and give away free food to people who don helmets while spewing your point. =)
PDubz is offline   Reply With Quote