Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stance & Angles
Thread: Stance & Angles
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
nmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxOnWaxOff View Post
Hi cb1021. Thanks for you advice. I mostly am interested in carving and stability riding fast heelside. Almost no Freestyle. What would you recommend? Increasing back foot angle or decreasing front foot angle? Any advice on stance width and offsets appreciated too.
+24/+15 would be the alpine stance and if you are interested in carving and stability, then you should be at reference and not set back in your stance. You can try even more aggressive, 30/15, which is how many of the Europeans start off learning snowboarding.... in the old days anyway. IMO, 30/15 and at reference is the most stable and easiest turning stance (on groomers) because your shoulders can be more square downhill.

If you have heel side turning issues, then set the back binding closer to the back edge or get a Yes The Greats which, according to what I have read, has an asymmetrical back edge near the tail for easier heel turns.

Another choice is to go with freestyle board, something softer than the CustomX. I had the T6, CustomX, now I have the SuperModelX for crud days & X8 as my main ride. X8 is whole lot of fun.... easy turns, nice damp, still can go hairy fast (not much control though but fun) and works in pow. Can't carve on the X8 and really wild on ice / hard pack makes it a damn exciting ride....
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote