Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2014 Snowboards - New Boss Model, etc
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancgrs View Post
Ok I can't figure out how to attach multiple photos but here's the strangest.. It's perpendicular to the board itself so I don't know how this could have happened... It's almost as if the lettering is trying to come out. My first reaction was it looks melted but I always wax my boards and have never melted one or had these weird issues.... And I can't seem to get the ptex to stay anywhere on the board. I've done it twice and taken it to the shop once thinking I was doing something wrong but the "fix" they did came out after a day of riding as well.....

Also what's with the little holes??? They are in a few spots on the base but only on the blue lettering...
Hi Brian,

You nailed it on the melting. If you hold heat on a diecut for too long they will seperate like this. It is essentially melting away the bond between the inlaid materials. The pickling is likely related (although I cannot say with certainty from the picture). It is possible to heat a base so that small bubbles form and collapse.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote