Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Choosing b/w Cartels/Union SL's/ Ride Maestro
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #48 (permalink)
DrEwTiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Damn, I haven't seen boots like that in quite some time. They look pretty good. I woulnd't obsess about getting them centered. If you get any binding to center perfectly on a boot consider yourself lucky.
I know man they are just about 7 years old at this point ... Thats why I posted in the Boots section so I can get some suggestions on what boots to pick up when everything goes on "end of season" sale. I have a feeling my skills will jump considerably after I have gear that not almost a decade old!!!! The boots are the last thing to go thankfully!!

I think the fact that they are so old are attributing to the fact that I can't quite get them centered correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel M View Post
First, congrats on your SL. I'm about to put mine in an NS Raptor, so I'm about to be interested the same boat.

As far as your cap strap question... I own Union Atlases with similar straps and it really depends on your boot. With my Burton boot into had better luck centering it over my toe, so really it was more to the side . With my Salomon boot, I centered it over the boot itself. However, I still found it slipping off more than occasionally, which prompted me to get the Burton Gettagrips.

I heard the new SL line had stickier cap straps, so I hope that solved that problem.
Yeah this is my first experience with the "toe" strap style so was just making sure I wasn't missing anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
You'll be stoked for sure. Thanks for the support!!!
Your most welcome brotha!! I haven't actually hit the slopes yet but I was playing around on my floor after mounting them and they feel like nothing is there yet Im super secure.. Compared to my last bindings these babies are super snug!! I can't wait to take them out..Oh...and they look BADASS too!!
DrEwTiMe is offline   Reply With Quote