Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jones Flagship vs Never Summer Raptor
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
danm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrownie19 View Post
Hi guys-- I ended up pulling the trigger on a Raptor 159 over the weekend. Was still pretty torn, but got a deal too good to pass up.

Took it out at Smuggs, VT on Saturday. First impressions, the thing absolutely bombs. I couldn't believe how fast it went and how controlled I felt on it at high speeds. It also had some nice pop for straight airs and I had no problem whipping it around through the trees and moguls. And from the few fresh turns I got, it felt unbelievable.

To be fair, I'm sure any board I got would have felt great coming from an '04 Nitro Shogun 161, but I'm stoked on it so far. I'm headed out to Colorado on Thursday, so I'm itching to test it out on some bigger mountains.

The next question for me, is what bindings do I get for it? ..Planning on holding out a bit for some end of the year deals...
SWEET, LOVE THIS BOARD!!! I have Flow NXT-FSE's on mine and it's a good combo... whatever brand you get make sure it's the stiffest or near to it in that particular line.
danm is offline   Reply With Quote