Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to spin a corked 540 vs flat 540 (quick trick tip breakdown)
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopThriller View Post
I've been looking for a corked 5 tutorial forever!! Thank you! Question though, do you have any experience doing FS coked 5's? I prefer spinning fs rather than bs. I can do fs 3s, 5s, and some rare 7s. Also, it seems like it's really hard to spot the landing in your cork 5, your POV seems totally blind. Would fs be better for that?
Welcome. Yep on bs 540s the landing is blind for most of the trick (all you see is sky), then it comes into view right at the end. A big part is knowing where to look to know where that landing will appear as you rotate.

I've done a few corked fs 540s, but not as many since I prefer misty flips to underflips. It's pretty much reverse to how you initiate a backside cork 540. So instead of throwing your lead shoulder towards your back leg, you throw it in the opposite direction (throw your shoulder upwards and towards whichever way is frontside for you).