Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Pain in back of knee..
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
What a bummer, but it could be alot worse. What sort of restrengthening type exercises do you do for it ?
I don't know. Throughout my time at PT they had me with several different therapists, each with their own programs and exercises they thought I should be doing.

What worked best was working with the strength bands hooked to my ankle and doing side kicks, both inward and out, front kicks, and back kicks, all with a stiff, locked, knee. Then they had me squeeze a ball between my knees and do hack squats. I could really feel the difference in my knee after a few weeks. But pretty much they tried like 20 different exercises and picked the ones that didn't cause me any pain.

Going in to this season I felt much stronger than I did last year. But I am still dealing with some pain and weakness. I just ice and take ibuprofen if I feel pain or swelling after I ride and it gets me through a few days of riding pain free. Our season ends late March/early April so I plan on taking a few weeks off from activity to let it heal up. Rest is def priority in the healing process.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote