Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Top of snowboard peeling/chipping
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
trapper
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
Yeah skiiers are def negligent when it comes to their skis in the lift line. It's like they forget they extend 8 feet in front of them. I can understand failing to guage the lenght of the tails, and the guy behind you should be giving you some space anyways, but there's no reason these assholes should be riding up over my board.
I wonder if some of this has to do with the amount of people who aren't really skiers and are just there on a club or school trip or something and decide that skiing is easier to try for the first time than snowboarding is. That seems to be my experience anyways, I rarely notice problems in the lift line with skiers who are clearly seasoned.

On this note some kid on a senior ski trip slammed into me while I was just walking over to the bunny hill the other day. Never heard him coming, and he never thought to say "look out" or anything. I'm a big dude so he got the worst end of the collision, turned around and saw a complete yard sale. Couldn't believe the negligence, kid never said he was sorry but I didn't give him shit. Just asked if he was alright but he was dazed and didn't respond. Fortunately, he only left a small scuff on my new Heritage...
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote