Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hero 3 HD Black, Silver or White Edition? What's the Big diffrence?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #19 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vknyvz View Post
wow dude i really like the Contour ROAM2 and ion speed pro, circular shape really look nice

but hero 3 comes first, i wonder where silver will go in this list, I mean from what I can tell difference isn't that much just 1mp more and lens is different, which makes a difference I know, lens is all about a camera.

i found a gopro silver brand new never opened box, buying it today for 250, that's like 70 in savings he says it's never opened in box so we will see
The Ion air pro was pretty cool and has double the battery life of a gopro at 2.5 hours and that is without a battery pod. It has similar connection in the back for this whole "pod" thing where you can add a wifi-pod or a battery-pod if you want to use it with your phone or get more record time.

The Ion air pro 2 ups the ante going from 5MP to 14MP, but I couldn't find any more info on it. I just really like the small contour, simple slider record operation and battery life. Video quality on the original was sub par, and low light recording was not good. The 2nd edition should be better. The only thing I cant figure out with these cylinder cams is that you have to do a side helmet mount for POV, and there is no way to do that in a clean looking way w/o just attaching to a goggle strap, which is too elastic and wiggly IMO.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote