Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #47 (permalink)
scottyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
Nice review, thanks for keeping this thread going! Pretty much sums up what I feel about this board... especially the part about getting overconfident and getting into trouble...

As far as your foot size, the easiest way to see if you need the wide or not is to stand barefoot (or thin socks) on your board in your bindings and see where your toes and heels relate to the edge. You want to be right to the edge or slightly over to get proper edge pressure, if your way over then the wide might be better but you should check the same way if you can arrange that.

Concerning pow floatation, I've been in knee deep so far and didn't feel the need to lean back at all. I won't be riding until next Thursday but the forecast is looking REALLY good so I hope to test it in some really deep pow. I'll report back.

danm
Thanks for the response. I'm glad we could get this thread going again and hopefully get SnoWolf to get his review up soon!

I'm going to take a quick thread meander about board width but since it involves the Raptor vs Raptor X, that's ok, right? Regarding your technique for determining a wide board - I'm confined to my desk job right now so I don't have access to my board. I figured there is a better way to determine toe hang. I pulled out a ruler and measured my feet. They are 28.5 cm. Based on the sizes of the Raptor and Raptor X in the chart below the 164 is 25.3 cm wide and the 165 Wide is 26.8 cm wide. That is the width at the exact waist so the width at the binding locations would differ, I think. Based on that do you think I should give the 165 X a try? I've had a lot of people tell me that size 11 is fine on a normal Raptor and had a lot of people tell me that the Wide would help.

Last edited by scottyroo; 02-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
scottyroo is offline   Reply With Quote