Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder Separation
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRider2613 View Post
Awesome, thanks again so much for all of your help! I will definitely take it easy with the anti-inflammatory meds. They did not measure anything on my x-rays, at least not as far as I know, so I will obtain them to show the ortho next week. I looked at some pictures of shoulder separation bumps, and mine seems to be no where near the point of a grade 3 or 4. I know that is subjective, but the bump really is not that big. I am definitely not going to be pushing for the surgery route as I would much rather try to rehab it, especially with the risk of re-injury in action sports.

If I do go on my trips, I will absolutely stick to greens and just go cruising around. I bought upper body armor as well that I will be wearing for all future riding, especially since I ride so aggressively.

Again, thanks for your help!
In addition to body armor, you should get some good tape and tape the crap out of it for support. The armor will help with impacts, but the random arm swing/pull will not be saved by armor, but tape will help.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote