Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 PM   #48 (permalink)
danm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyroo View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm glad we could get this thread going again and hopefully get SnoWolf to get his review up soon!

I'm going to take a quick thread meander about board width but since it involves the Raptor vs Raptor X, that's ok, right? Regarding your technique for determining a wide board - I'm confined to my desk job right now so I don't have access to my board. I figured there is a better way to determine toe hang. I pulled out a ruler and measured my feet. They are 28.5 cm. Based on the sizes of the Raptor and Raptor X in the chart below the 164 is 25.3 cm wide and the 165 Wide is 26.8 cm wide. That is the width at the exact waist so the width at the binding locations would differ, I think. Based on that do you think I should give the 165 X a try? I've had a lot of people tell me that size 11 is fine on a normal Raptor and had a lot of people tell me that the Wide would help.

Just based off of some quick measurements and calculations on my 156, it LOOKS like the 165x will be around 28 cm at the inserts. This of course presumes that the waist and insert width proportions are similar. I could be way off though so best bet is the physical foot method. You could also try to find a shop that has one in stock and ask them to measure at the inserts.

danm
danm is offline   Reply With Quote