Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Tahoe Advice please
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
SnowBored

Alpine & Northstar for sure, but have you checked out Homewood? That would be my reco for a third. Here's a copy/paste from their website:

"Homewood Mountain Resort owns over 1,260 acres of the best skiing and snowboarding terrain in the Lake Tahoe region. With a base elevation of 6,230 ft and a summit elevation of 7,880 ft (a 1,650 vertical feet elevation gain) Homewood’s 8 Lifts and 64 runs create surreal views and excellent adventures. From groomed boulevards to hidden powder stashes, Homewood has it all. Ellis Peak shelters the entire mountain from the high-ridge winds, making the term "wind hold" almost unheard of at Homewood. The resort features 15% beginner terrain, 50% intermediate terrain, 35% advanced terrain, 2 terrain parks and a run 2 miles long called "Rainbow Ridge." Homewood receives an average snowfall of around 450 inches per season, and a whopping 300 days of sunshine per year, leading SKI Magazine to rank Homewood amongst the Top 10 resorts in California and Nevada in 2012."

Really Rainbow Ridge and Ellis Peak would be the challenging areas, but that 35% they mention for advanced riders seems about right. I'd consider myself to be intermediate, and i chapped my a$$ on Rainbow and Ellis, one day I'll master those two. But something about the views of the lake while I'm boarding make the experience way more fun.

Reward yourself for reading this long reply haha - I use this website for Buy 1 Get 1 Free weekday tix when my wife and I go: https://secure.skiforfree.com/Homewo...122013&Tickets and I've always used the code "HW2" always works.
SnowBored is offline   Reply With Quote