Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #606 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospartan View Post
Hit Vail again on Saturday and it was pretty damn good again. Reported 6" Saturday morning and 5" the day before. Found the same exact fresh lines in China bowl as we found 2 weeks ago. Not quite as deep, but definitely not as heavy.

Continued to find fresh snow all day long starting in Sun up, China 2x, Earl's 3x, Pete's and then back to the front. And that is where it sucked, haha. We took 36 back up and went to the front via Northwoods... holy hell it was like a night and day difference between fresh, soft snow in the back... to hard, icy snow on Northwoods. Did a couple laps off of 4 and then got out of the parking garage by 2pm. Just about zero traffic on the way back to the city on Saturday, which I was glad to see, especially since we didn't leave until almost 4.

STILL trying to figure out the parking situation at Vail. I haven't tried the ticket trick yet, usually because I'm too lazy to walk up to the front and get one. Know of some other spots to park for free, but the ease of parking right in the garage kicks when you get off the exit (versus waiting for a bus, etc.). Damn that $25!
Ticket trick didnt work for me....pretty sure there are weight sensors. I thought about going back to my car every 2 hours and driving out and back in but youll still end up paying 15 if you arrive between 1-3, plus if you wanna go to Blue sky you dont have enough time. Fucking cocksuckers are making so much $$$ from those garages. Honestly if I had to pay to park there everytime I went it wouldnt even make the epic pass that great of a deal. The busses are a pain in the ass and not a short ride with 5+ stops compared to any other resort. I need to make a friend in the garage.....
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote