Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 07/08 Lib tech Dark Series MTX
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
zly69

Dark Series had MTX option in 07 08 but not BTX (banana camber with magnetraction edges). I believe it does this year (as an option).

I had an 07 Dark series with MTX. It was a great board. It was heavy, which I noticed more as the season wore on. It was, and I think it still is, a directional board but Lib says it's freestyle oriented. It was kinda stiff especially the tail - actually the tail was very, very stiff - like a rudder, but it was still a great all mountain board. I switched to a Lib TRS BTX because I wanted a twin, more flex and banana. I haven't tried the TRS yet (except down some carpeted stairs where it performed beautifully). Another difference between thr TRS and the Dark (besides flex, twin-shape and btx) is the base. The TRS has an extruded base -Now, it's supposed to be a very good extruded base, but the Dark Series had a very fast (when waxed) sintered base. I decided to risk the extruded base since I have heard it's not bad (especially if you are not so good about waxing).