Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Socialized Healthcare
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Perpetual3am
Veteran Member

Being a Canadian, problems I see with our healthcare system would be longer wait times for certain operations and trying to retain and entice new doctors to stay here to practice instead of seeking more lucrative ventures down south.

Personally I think its the best in the world, growing up between the years of 12 to 17, I broke no less than 13 bones. Having spent quite a bit of time in the US, I have a pretty good idea how much that would have cost my mom. She supported 4 boys on a secretaries salary so you can imagine there wouldn't have been a whole lot left over for thousands of dollars in health insurance. I didn't even mention numurous hospital visits for stitches, doctor visits and general ailments that life throws at you. And I'm just talking about me, my brothers being both into rugby and football have each had their knees scoped numerous times, as well as injuries similar to mine. Knowing how we barely scraped by I can't imagine how much life would have sucked if I lived in the States. Can you say bankruptcy?

Its not perfect by any means, but for me I think its the best system in the world as I have yet to want for anything and most people I know would say the same thing.