Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is the Never Summer the board for me?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
nmk

Default Is the Never Summer the board for me?

Hi riders, need your advice.

Current rides:
Burton 2010 X8 @ 151, main ride
Burton 2010 SuperModelX @ 156, crud days
Burton SLX boots, 10.5
Burton CO2 binding. Just bought the Diode but did not try it out yet.

Profile:
Advanced free rider
Prefers off-piste when possible
Will do jumps when in mood
Can't ride switch even if my life was depended on it.
Live in Europe and ride mostly in Austria, conditions are iffy. Hard pack & ice are norm.

I love the X8, though it is a freestyle board, it still handles all mountain just fine and a lot of fun to goof around on. Just finished one glorious week near Ischgl, pow everywhere. Exceptional year! For me the X8 can do it all except it gets a bit wild on ice and hard pack and forget about carving, washout left and right....

I am considering to replace the SMX camber board with a RC so it will overlap a bit with the X8 but still have great edge hold, carve, pow and a bit of fun. The SMX is a great board on crud days but nothing to goof around on and I like something a bit faster edge to edge.

Is the NS SL the right board to replace the SMX? If so, what size? I know it is softer than the SMX but I hope it is not as soft as the Custom. I have been riding Burtons, except one Atomic years ago.... Maybe time to try NS?

I will be in SLC next month (praying for pow) and maybe still can get one....?

Thanks for any suggestions.
nmk is offline   Reply With Quote