Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #615 (permalink)
linvillegorge
Veteran Member

Colorado | OpenSnow

Snow totals are starting to get dialed back a little. Experience tells me that the late adjustments to storms tend to tell you what to expect. If they start backpedaling, they usually don't backpedal hard enough and butthurt ensues. If they start trending upward, they usually don't trend upward enough and that's when we get those sneaky epic pow days. Also, it seems that when good snow is predicted for the divide and for the southern San Juans, the divide always disappoints. NOAA is backpedaling even harder, down to 3-5" for Loveland and most of Summit County on Saturday night.

The Colorado Daily Snow | OpenSnow

Looking at the map, it looks like Loveland is right on the edge of good moisture and skunkage. Based on the current backpedaling and just the way this season is going, I'm hedging toward...

Tomorrow morning's forecast will be key. More dialing back and it's all over but the crying. I sure hope I'm wrong, but right now, I'm planning on a day of getting shit done around the house on Sunday.

Or... maybe Sunday will be a good day for a pre-dawn departure for Monarch. If the recent trends continue, Monarch is gonna get POUNDED.

Last edited by linvillegorge; 02-22-2013 at 03:46 PM.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote