Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REVIEW; Neversummer Raptor 156
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #71 (permalink)
scottyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
No guilt needed, just a nice ongoing conversation about a kick ass board! BTW, I think you should just go 165X, should be perfect for your feet.

danm
Agreed! I've not been giddy about a board in a loooonnng time. I literally found myself just laughing while riding down the mountain... the difference was that huge compared to my previous Burton. As others have said - I feel I'm fairly effortlessly riding how I've been truly wanting to ride for the last 15 years.

I called up my local board shop, Salty Peaks here in SLC and had them measure the 165X at the inserts... you were damn close, danm! The width at the inserts was 27.94cm. Only.06 cm off! I got a more accurate measurement of my foot and it is 28cm even. Again... this puts me right on the border. Seems like my rear foot on the 165X at 0' would be a perfect fit but my forward foot at 18* would come up a tad short. At any rate they said I can come and demo any of their boards for $25 for a day and test it for myself which I'm going to do and see what feels better. That solves that!
scottyroo is offline   Reply With Quote