Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your goals for this season?
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #122 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Nice list! Good to see your on track. I agree with one board, its kind of refreshing to not have to go switch out before you switch terrain. I've had people tell me "I can't" do certain things on a soft twin... I've busted the shit out of these myths.
Yeah maybe it's just where we ride, but any random run may include groomers, powder, trees, park, etc. It's too much to have dedicated boards!

That said I'm paranoid to break my current board (probably because of the $1000+ price tag and 1+ month wait time) so I'm riding a Burton Custom 156 as a park/play/rock board. After an adjustment period I'm actually having a lot of fun on this board!

I've seen your effortless 360s and hopefully I'm not too far behind in a few weeks! I spent a lot of time riding this custom switch today. It's just so much easier than riding a very directional board switch! I tried popping off rollers and doing grabs switch. Felt like it would have been more natural to pull my eye out and look at it! I'm going to keep trying though, it's acutally brought an element of fun back into my riding. Just popping of little jumps and doing FS 180s feels like progression to me!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote