Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

EVO is the absolute worst major online snowboard retailer

14K views 78 replies 24 participants last post by  RockSteady 
#1 ·
If you deal with EVO, You've been warned they are like dealing with a major cell phone company, aggravating to say the least.

#5 ·
no problem
I go through a lot of other online retailers and don't have any problems either.
I had more than one person completely mis guide me into thinking they knew what they were talking about. After my own research and receiving the wrong products, I figured this out.
Then when I called them thinking they were gonna be sorry for all the trouble they caused me, they say that can't find my order. Then they try and get me to pay the return shipping on brandnew unused items that they mis informed me on. Then they send me one shipping label for a snowboard and boots, lol, who ships those together. (that's right nobody).
I finally got it all taken care of. But I personally think their customer service likes to just tell you things even if they're BS guesses just to get you to make your decision quicker and their return process is terrible.

By the way I love Backcountry.com, I have made thousands of dollars in purchases and always treated like a valued customer

#4 ·
Yes, do you care to elaborate on your issues with EVO? All of the experiences I have had with them have been fine. Firing a shot like this pretty much means nothing. More than a few members of this forum have had good experiences with EVO. EVO ain't Tightboards, that is for sure.

#6 ·
Not everyone is gonna have a bad experience man, use a little common sense.
I have been going through EVO for years but I never tried to return anything before.
And I'm not firing a shot, I'm trying to help others out. I could careless about hurting EVO.

#7 ·
OP, please tell us more. You're leaving out major details :dunno:

I havent had an issue with them for the past 3 yrs that I have been purchasing from EVO. And they're local to me. I just ordered Rome Targa bindings, and when I got them, there was missing hardware. I talked to them that day, and they asked what was missing and told me to email them pics of my binding that had missing hardware. They didnt seem like they were trying to get rid of me and not help with my issue.
To add, after I bought the bindings, EVO had dopped the price by 30%. I called customer service and they gave me the difference. In there policy, it states that if the price drops within 20 days of your purchase, you will be refunded the difference. :yahoo::yahoo:

OP, can you elaborate more?

#8 ·
They told me that a board had mag, when I said I couldn't find any description of it having mag, they insisted that it did... they lied, it got here and there was no mag
They told me DC boots had the same shrinkage and as small a foot print as Burtons...Another lie...
This was multiple people who verified these things and I just ended up with one big hassle trying to get them to fix their mistakes.

Look I really am happy some people had a good experience, I don't wish anyone other than a great experience...just putting my thoughts out their that I got treated like crap and I'm a obviously a bit frustrated with it all and will never be buying anything from evo again regardless of how good their sales are.

#17 ·
Why do I feel like anyone reading this should put their boots on cause the shit is deep? Seriously this is why you buy boots in person. Second this is why you read product descriptions carefully and fact check everything yourself. You're in Incline Village it's not like you don't have real snowboard shops there. Shop local!

#19 ·
They were gifts and my brother is in TX but goes boarding as much as he can. He's too young to order stuff and they were sent to him, if EVO would have been more honest, it all would have worked out fine.

But hey you guys WIN, I SUCK< EVO RULEZ, no sweat off my nutz.

#25 ·
This thread sucks. Basically just complaining about an inconvenient experience. Nothing shady happened, nobody dropped the ball, it just took a phone call/email or two to get it resolved to everyone's satisfaction. Sounds like it was handled just fine, even if not above and beyond in this instance. Move on.

#27 · (Edited)
First off for those of you stating purchase local, realize that not everyone lives in an area with stores that keep a large selection of snowboard gear. I live in Texas as well. EVO has such sweet deals at times and a great return policy that it's hands down worth the chance to try a boot from them and have the protection of their return policy. I purchased a set of boots from EVO for my wife, but they didn't fit well so I immediately initiated a return. The return shipment was still on the way to them when I found a pair of bindings I'd been looking for on their site. They were the lowest price around, so I contacted them via phone. They checked the other online retailer for price and availability and then placed the order for me (with price match plus 5%) for those bindings with the refund credit I was going to get from the boot return. Best of all, my bindings were shipped before they even received the boot return.

I'd say that customer service is above and beyond what any other retailer will do in that same situation.

EVO has a customer for life on this end.

#28 ·
Ordered from EVO several times w/ no issue. Even when they shipped the wrong item they corrected it w/in a couple minute phone call and sent me a label to return and even offered me a discount to make up for it.

I'm not sure why you think they should pay to ship back the exact products you ordered unless I'm misunderstanding something here. Seems like standard return policy. Sounds easily avoidable if you actually researched the items you were buying yourself beforehand and not depended on somebody else. You are posting on a forum that has sections dedicated for those types of questions....

#29 · (Edited)
You know what guys I see the light now, THANKYOU :dizzy:
I was lost now I'm found. I was wrong. Evo treated me like royalty. Best company in the industry. My bad, please forgive me, especially coincidentally all the evo family from Washington that might even work there...It was very stupid of my to post about my experience. You guys have more than proved I'm just an A-hole looking for attention and I appreciate that. MUCH LOVE:eusa_clap:

Good thing I'm still rich, I still live in the nicest city in NV and I still don't work and I still get to go ride everyday...so have fun today, I'll be at squaw thinking about all you haters

#36 ·
Unfortunately it really can be difficult to order anything online. Absolutely stuff for this sport! Return shipping rates are stupid.

Evo and Snowboard Connection are kinda "local" to me, I am about an hour away not including Seattle's SHITTIEST traffic ever, lol, but I def make it there whenever I need something. I have wasted soooo much gas driving from North Seattle, to Olympia, to Bellevue, Univ. PL. back and forth, repeat. But worth it. If you can, drive further to another shop if you reeeeallly need some important gear.

Personally, Evo, SnowConn. and NWSnowboards have been the most amazing stores and employees I have ever dealt with out of like any store I've ever been to. But all that I've bought and returned has been dealt with in person... Must be a different team for returns sounds like!

#37 ·
Unfortunately it really can be difficult to order anything online. Absolutely stuff for this sport! Return shipping rates are stupid.

Return shipping costs are stupid, couldn't agree more and thanks for the respectful response, you proved that you can have a different opinion without being a-hole to me. :yahoo:

#38 ·
Everybody has experiences like this and get overly pissed off dude, lol it's whatever.

I recently got banned from an aquarium site because I decided to bad mouth a mod for their wrong advice. I had proof on the site I was right and they didn't like that :p (don't worry here mods... I like you guys! I'm a good girl most of the time ; )

#40 ·
Also the stupid comment about Incline Village being the wealthiest area is a joke. The only reason the area has wealth is because of Nevada's favorable taxation for corporations. It's number two for corporation formation after Delaware. Most of the counted "wealth" for Incline is either in the form of shell corporations or people hiding assets to avoid taxation. Far fewer people live there than list as a place of residence. Boom, knowledge dropped. And I'm out.

#44 ·
Interesting point system there.

I'm gonna jump in on the buying local point. Until my local shop will let me return equipment that I have tried and do not like, or until they have their own warranty that lasts for a solid long time (years, not 60 days), Dogfunk and Backcountry will have my business.

Pretty much the only thing I will buy local is art and food. Maybe if an actual snowboard company made boards locally, I would buy... but only if I liked them.

#51 ·
Interesting point system there.

I'm gonna jump in on the buying local point. Until my local shop will let me return equipment that I have tried and do not like, or until they have their own warranty that lasts for a solid long time (years, not 60 days), Dogfunk and Backcountry will have my business.:eusa_clap:

Pretty much the only thing I will buy local is art and food. Maybe if an actual snowboard company made boards locally, I would buy... but only if I liked them.
I'm with YOU 100% dude....if anything good came out of this thread, this post is it...Well said!:thumbsup:

#57 ·
As to the other, please do feel free to write off this forum and go elsewhere. You may be Scott's friend, but I don't know you from jack. All I see is a huge bag of air who likes to flame people from the safety of his keyboard. If you've actually contributed something besides "atmosphere", I can't think of it offhand. At least BA contributes, in betwen comparing people to women's dirty
bits.[/COLOR

:eusa_clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.