Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jones Flagship impressions
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc898 View Post
The set-up,
Flagship 161 11/12 year
As a big mountain quiver piece its great, and I have heard the new one is getting better. Quality and ride. Worth an upgrade? Hmmmm maybe. Too many rides, too little time. Hope this helps someone, if not, sorry!
I'd be very curious to hear what you think of the new one, if you get to ride it.

I ride the 12/13 Flagship 158 (I'm 123lbs). Found it to be very forgiving, easy to turn and insanely fast edge to edge. Before I bought it I was very intimidated by all the "oh, its so stiff", but immediately fell in love with it. Yes, in moguls it's no fun, but in my resort, all slopes are groomed every night so they are not a big issue.
All the positive points you highlited (stability, speed, stability, edge hold, stability, pow float, oh yes... and stability ) make it the one for me. I wanted to have a board that is perfect for the "king of the world" days (of which we had quite a lot the last two years). The crap days are crap anyway On normal groomer days it's big fun to carve too. But I admit that I havn't riden other similar boards so I can't compare it. Maybe the Raptor or Mothership would also have been good options too. I'll try some at the test day in March, maybe to get an option for the crap days.

Last edited by neni; 02-23-2013 at 03:46 AM.
neni is offline   Reply With Quote