Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Forum Youngblood DoubleDog...
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
jwelsh83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default DoubleDog Review...

Hey guys, I'm here to throw down my short review of the Forum DoubleDog. I've ridden it around half a dozen times so far and still don't consider it too be broken in enough to make any clear arguments that benefit or discourage this board...that's my disclaimer lol. Only because experience varies from person to person and my opinion isn't one in the same, so with that being said...

I went with the 154 as I ride a 155 all mountain. I got the total set up online for about $400-$450...not too bad for board and bindings and got everything for around 25-30% off. Always looking for deals! The set up was a breeze other than fighting with the Shaka bindings in trying to extend the footbed because of the stiffness of the overall binding. I usually ride packed, groomers. Especially this year since we've had our rise and dips in Ohio temps...not a whole lot of natural snow. I know this is considered a park board but I felt very confident anywhere on the mountain. Rails, boxes, hard carves, medium to high speeds...wherever. What I do love the most is the individual camber under each foot. This played big for me with board slides when I'd try to hit those elevated rails that didn't have a high kicker. And it really helped throughout the day as the runs became more messy prior to the evening groom...clumps of snow and uneven terrain. I felt like the individual foot camber kept me more balanced and absorbed more of humps and bumps directly under my feet, with the rocker in the center and ends, staying in contact with slope the whole time. Buttering and tail pressing made the board VERY fun to just mess around with during those casual rides and throw an ollie or two in. I'm not a confident switch rider yet and usually set myself up to land with my lead but I had many good runs riding switch with this board and felt confident. The only con I really would have is that board demands control because of its playfulness and I'd be lying if I didn't tell you I did a header or two in the park or while goofing off. But that is the great thing about the DoubleDog...it's versatile in all areas, I feel, and allows that creativity. This is just my short review of the board and if you have any questions, ask away! Because I'm sure I missed plenty of stuff that some of you reading, may have looked to hear about this board. - Thanks

Last edited by jwelsh83; 05-29-2013 at 05:43 PM.
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote