Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Winter Park Blues
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pairadux View Post
Hey guys,

My wife is still picking up the art of snowboarding and does well at Peak 7 at Breckenridge. That peak is pretty easy as far as rating trails as blue.

My question is, how do the blues compare at Winter Park? The only time we've been to WP, she was still green green, so we couldn't explore the mountain and it seems like most of the greens there are uber flat or too "catwalky".

We've got a free pass at WP and I'd like to take her on more of the mountain but don't want to hear "I'm going to divorce you!" if the blues are highly technical.

For reference, I wouldn't be taking her to Keystone anytime soon, as it's a more technical mountain.

Thanks for the input, guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Keystone is a more technical mountain? Where'd you come up with that?

Shit ton of cat tracks and MOGULS at WP.
Yea sorry but Keystone is the home of the non-technical blue run where nothing happens except yellow jackets tell you to slow down every 1/4 mile. WP by comparison to Keystone is a very difficult mountain in several ways: it is harder to find your way around if you do not know it well, there are cattracks EVERYWHERE you have to bomb or walk, and you can easily find yourself at the top of a mile long mogul field with nowhere to go but down.

Hellen Keller would have a hard time getting lost at Keystone.

Keystone is a killer because it does not have technical terrain and it lures novices and intermediates into going speeds above there ability which ends up in traumatic tree ornamentations.