Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Mammoth Mtn. Bird's Eye Trail Map
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
wildshoetwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Oh trust me. I've had tickets the past two years but my schedule sucked. I'm now self-employed and plan to hit it probably twice this year.

My buddies love Mammoth, even after Breck, all Tahoe resorts, etc. They say it's pretty easy to zig zag up and down across the mountain.
the best part about mammoth is that it's a huge departure from what i grew up with on the east coast, which is mainly supercilious skiers, stuffy, quiet lodges where you'll get looked at like a derelict for ordering more than 1 alcoholic beverage at a time that isn't made with gin or isn't a sam adams.

mammoth is basically stoners, people looking to have a good time, the skiers are incredibly chill, the lodges are great, the quality of food and alcohol is great, the trails are great and about a notch more difficult than what they are rated, and you can literally take the same chairlift all day and never take the same path to the bottom and still have a good time. learning the mountain and exploring it is amazing. if you don't really look at a map and just sort of explore you will really be amazed when you run into outpost 14 in the seeming middle of nowhere, or mccoys station.

i won't lie, the prices are crazy but as far as home mountains, i'm proud to call mammoth my home mountain even though its 3 hours farther than bear. it's just a great place to take weekend vacations.
wildshoetwt is offline   Reply With Quote