Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #3317 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra0 View Post
I got my info off wiki, too, so there seems to be conflicting info on that page.

"when conditions are right". For reno to get lake effect snow, storms would need to come from pretty much due south (rare)...but, yeah, if that's the case, then I guess Heavenly could get the same from a severely angled northern storm.

I just can't believe 2 feet just from tahoe lake effect, when the great lakes fetches are like 10 times as long as lake tahoe, but only producing similar results (?...something's definitely wacky with that wiki page)
I didn't say just from lake effect. Possibly one of the reasons. Also, I said I made an error. 2 INCHES and hour, not feet. It was over 2ft of snow total. I swear it was more than 3. It was super deep in areas that people weren't riding on. My sister in-law sunk into a waist deep section. Here's a pic of her after she unstrapped and crawled out.

Also, note the date on there. I found this:

http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.ph...1b11e77&ipod=y

Read those comments. That week, they got hit major. Like 8 feet of snow. I remember that season they had a monster dump one week. I think it was the same week we left. We got the front end of it. It was simply too epic to ever forget. I couldn't have asked for a better trip ender.

By the way, these pictures aren't hazy due to fog... it was due to snowfall. Yup, visibility was non-existent thanks to the amount of snow that was dumping down.

Last edited by Leo; 02-24-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote