Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - BOA breakage?
Thread: BOA breakage?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Laces are super difficult and fail so hard! I'm hella on the reverse technology with this stuff. I get BOA, I just don't get why unless it is only fit. Convenience is just dumb. Don't get BOA cuz your lazy. I've heard BA say they fit better on his camel toes than normal laces, so, sure that's a good reason. Pretty sure 90% of the people who buy snowboard boots have no clue what is a good fit, and of those people about 90% are impressed by the tech and convenience of a system they absolutely do not need. I would use them again, but not without trepidation, which my laces do not cause.

I had BOAs that broke and when I tried to fix em with the free cable the knob mechanism would not release the broken cable until I completely destroyed it and threw the boots in the trash. To be fair they never fit me right so I was just waiting for that day lol.

Its like having BOA on a hiking shoe or trail runner....really? You can throw their commercials in my face all day, if you have static line(not stretchy) for shoelaces, my simple mind just fails to grasp it. It's like "hey we took your shoelaces and made them all starwarzy", "do they work different?", "well, no, not unless they fit better somehow"...headscratcher....

Last edited by snowklinger; 02-24-2013 at 01:36 AM.
snowklinger is online now   Reply With Quote