Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gear recommendations?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
jwelsh83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Nice, I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I'm gearing up to go out to Jackson Hole next year with a buddy and started accumulating stuff this past year. I ended up getting a Quiksilver Travis Rice backpack that is 24L and holds all my stuff. I've got the basic Mammut Element Beacon, Black Diamond Quick Draw Probe, and a Black Diamond Deploy 7 Shovel. The Shovel isn't the biggest but its folds nicely into my pack and the way I see it, in the time in need, the adrenaline will be pumping and Ill most likely be on my knees shoveling. It's small, but I can shovel away. I've also got a basic 2 person first aide kit, and being a Paramedic myself, I threw some extra things in the kit. I'm just trying to figure out what else I may need beside the essentials (Probe, shovel, and beacon). I've also got extra gloves, jacket, etc. Hope this helps. My buddy thinks I'm too paranoid, but he'll be thankful if he goes down and I've got enough life saving tools for the both of us. Avalanches are no joke...go to backcountry.com and they have everything with stuff on sale

Last edited by jwelsh83; 02-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote