Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Diode Bindings- Busted
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
pdxrealtor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604al View Post
As far the cracked baseplate, I'm guessing that's what happens when you take a stiff reflex baseplate and pair it with a soft or mid flexing board?

I have a billygoat , that's a pretty stiff board. I was thinking maybe it might be the c2 profile. With the camber under the bindings only you're constantly flexing that disck, more so than if on a rocker or camber board.

I just hit two days of intense riding in trees, steeps, and pow and more pow!

Anyways ..... The padding on the back binding is now barely hanging on.

The lack of FLAD sucks but for such a stiff binding , at least for me, I've been very happy with set it and forget it , and its served me well.

The ice build up got so bad at one point I had to use a stick to scrape it off just so I could strap in. Complete garbage for top of the line shit.

Mt hood meadows (that's where I bought them) is trying to get their local rep to get me new plates or possibly new bindings this week. I leave for 7days of Utah this Saturday so time is of the essence. They knew exactly where the cracks were before I even showed them, right at the 36* mark. So this obviously isn't a rare occasion. They thought it was re-flex also.

And let's not forget I already have a new high back on the way as well as heel cup stickers.

Was thinking I might try to find a c60 or ,,, what's the other super stiff burton binding that's been discontinued?

I don't know. I love how burton straps work like butter, and I'm so happy with the performance but shit ...... I don't see the next set doing any better.

Last edited by pdxrealtor; 02-24-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: add info
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote