I'm reading mixed results and the video from from Flow Fusion - N.A.S.T.Y. - New Active Strap Technology on Vimeo
at 1:20 show no more shoe horning. Now that these have been out of a while, there should be enough people to provide good quality feed back. So I have a couple of questions. Please post based on actual experience rather than 2nd hand information from other sources.
1) Do the high backs stay down when these are new or do they have to be "broken in"
2) Do you need to pull the highback up first then the lock or can you pull the lock up and it will pull the highback up with one motion? I know it doesn't make a hell of a lot of difference, more of a can it be down while moving, or does it take two hands? Am I going to be able to get this done before I hit the pile of skiers and boarders at the top of the lift after I get off.
3) Can you strap these on , while sitting on the chair lift?
And yes I've gone through the 35 pages of the NX2 thread, which is what caused my confusion. Some guy posted a video of difficulty strapping in. I'm not concerned about the issues about the buckles over tightening. That is a easy fix, Flow has already demonstrated they can make locking buckles if they want.
1) My SE's needed no break in period for the highbacks to stay down.
2) Putting the highback up is still a two set process but I can easily do it with one hand.
3) Yes I can strap mine on while on the chair lift but do not due to lift rules and personal safety.
I think I'm the only person to post a video in that thread of strapping in and I posted it to show how easy it was. My other video of my buckles being fucked up is still a real issue. I had my toes go cold and numb last night because my front foot's main ratchet tightened and I didn't notice.
To answer the title question yes the NASTY system does get rid of shoehorning. In fact it makes it easy to make them way too tight.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2011 Smokin Buck Ferton 155
2013 Flow NX2-SE
2013 Flow Hylite boa
Burton Stagger pants/jacket
Last edited by john doe; 02-24-2013 at 05:36 PM.