Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Favorite ungroomed areas for intermediates in the PNW
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
jtg
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Favorite ungroomed areas for intermediates in the PNW

I'm an intermediate rider comfortable on the blue runs but still struggling on the blacks (especially after the skiers cover them with moguls). I've had a few chances to hit some powder but it seems to be very hard to find unless you go into black or double black territory. Bowls are always double black, so I haven't touched that yet. If I'm one of the first out after a dump I'll hit some black runs while they are still soft, but that never lasts long.

So where does a non-expert go to find powder? Is there such thing as a blue bowl? I assume not, but...

Anyway, my favorite spot so far is going far right off the start of gemini on the backside of stevens, before and after the cat track starts. In bounds, but not a marked run or groomed area.

I'm gonna try to get to OR (probably Mt Bachelor) soon, so if you have a noob friendly stash over there that you don't mind blowing out, please share

Someone on the lift suggested Mt Hood glaciers, but I'm not sure where exactly that would be or if that's even a sane suggestion for my skill level.
jtg is offline   Reply With Quote