Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Help someone new?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
bokken

Default Help someone new?

I have been doing some research (thank god for search) and have found a lot of really good things, but what I am not sure about what is the best as far as price, quality, and everything else goes. I have been riding for about 4 years or so, always renting, and was thinking about getting my own board now. I ride at Mammoth Mountain on the west coast keeping out of the pipe right now, never had enough time to really teach myself anything cool. I am self taught with advice from friends if that makes a difference.

Other stats:
5'9" tall
currently 135 lbs (but am usually 150, damn college diet, somewhere in the middle)
shoes are loose at an 11, nice at 10, and tight at 9
This would probably be a Christmas present, and would include boots, bindings, and a board if I can get my parents to get one for me, so roughly 400-600. I know from reading other posts that getting a good setup is entirely possible and probably easy with this money, but I just need some help.

So as far as my main question goes, what would probably be the best equipment for my style of riding? I have figured out that I am going to get a 155-159 board (unless told otherwise), but I know that there are a ton of boards to look through. I have read that the K2's (some) are really good, and Burton makes overpriced boards that are still good, but was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction or give some advice.

Thanks for your help.

bokken