Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard-proof iPhone 5 case?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jed
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basti View Post
Heya,

I just got the iPhone 5 and experience has taught me that despite my old iPhone being in the goggle pocket of my jacket it still gets moist when the weather is shitty. It never died from that but moisture can't really be good for the phone

I'm looking for a case that I can use even during the bad days on the slopes (waterproof?). My only "condition" is that I want it to be low profile. Google search showed me a few cases that made the phone super bulky. I just don't want that because I'd like to use the case everyday in the pocket of my pants. Ideally it would be a second skin. What do you use? Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers
As everyone else said, Lifeproof is the way to go as far as low profile + waterproof cases go.

One word of warning: Try to buy it from the official store.

There are a crapton of knockoffs and fake chinese versions that can be found on Amazon, Ebay and even a lot of retail stores who don't realize they're stocking the fake version.

The fake versions look almost identical to the real version, so it's a heck of a lot safer to just buy direct from Lifeproof or an authorized retailer listed on their website.