Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - EVO is the absolute worst major online snowboard retailer
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #67 (permalink)
NoOtherOptions
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
#1 show me where any where on this thread I said I was rich
#2 the whole tax thing, that's all of NV, why do they all choose incline, could it be cause its on Lake Tahoe, hmm, stateline NV is the second richest city in NV, its also on lake Tahoe and where one of the Heavenly bases is. hmmmm. just a tax shelter huh.
#3 you made one correct point that I will agree with you whole heartedly on, the stat is actually over 80% of the homes in N. Lake are second homes- but that's Cali too, the fact is not many wealthy people are trying to live in the cold 24/7 in the winter, they come up with their families on holidays to their ridiculous second homes that they use twice a year and most of these people have more than a couple homes.
Point 1 has already been shown as false see above.

Point 2 is incoherent. If anything you are proving my point for me. They choose Incline because it's close to the border, and Nevada has fantastic laws for corporation and asset protection as well as testamentary laws. Same for Stateline, it's a location of convenience. If I ever create a trust for someone it's always based out of Nevada.

Point 3 I don't get what you are trying to say. Again you are proving that it's artificial. Aspen could say the same shit. No one really lives there, it's fake, it's false it's not real. Why isn't this registering? It's as real as a Wild West theme park. It's where people come for a weekend, why does that sound appealing to leave in? There's no culture, no events, Reno sucks as the closest actual city, etc. It's cool to visit, not live in.