Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Highback angle
Thread: Highback angle
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
StrattonRider
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc2012 View Post
Hi all,

I've been playing a bit with the setup of my board over the past few weekends. Think I have the stance width (about 20") and binding angle (18/-9) locked down and it feels good. But at the moment but highback angle is set to 0 (or the lowest setting on the binding - there are no angles on them).

I plan to make an adjustment to this this weekend to try it. Also read about alignment and need to ensure these stay parallel if they move too much off.

But my question is about angles. Looking for suggestions for a starting angle I should try. I know this may change and I may need to tweak it, but is the best thing to:

1) get onto the board, into my stance, and move them until they feel like they are touching my calves in a normal stance?
2) take a standard angle (no idea but say 15 degrees) and try this

So how would you pick an angle to take the plunge into high back adjustment

I ride on slopes, am somewhere between a beginner and an intermediate and finding my way now on reds.

Thanks
G!

PS - been searching around forums and found some stuff but just really looking for what worked best for you guys when you tried it before...
If your are talking about the forward lean of your highback, you adjust it if you are a hard carver and are looking for for pressure on your heal side edge. I would just play with it
StrattonRider is offline   Reply With Quote