Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New gear and can't initiate toeside
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 12:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
blackbeard

Default New gear and can't initiate toeside

I've been riding around 15 days total and up until end of last season I felt really comfortable linking turns. Like it was second nature, even on blues. Fast forward to this season...I bought new stiffer boots (F22s. Before I had dialogues) and bindings (k2 company) to throw on my ride machete and I'm having the hardest time initiating a toe side turn. And when i do a crappy job of getting in my toes i just dont feel comfortable. A lot of times I feel like the board is going to slip from under me. To compound the problem, my heel turns are exaggerated (board starts to be perpendicular to the fall line).

I've tried everything I've read on the forums (narrowing stance a bit, dip shoulder, knees bent, hip thrust) and can't seem to fix it. I'm having a mental block and it's really annoying me. My instinct is to blame the new equipment but I think it's the Indian, not the arrow.

I ride goofy, +15/-9.

I'm actually on a ski trip now and am considering a lesson to fix the problem. Any input is appreciated.
blackbeard is offline   Reply With Quote